TAP provides the all-important “RISK PROTECTION” and “CONSUMER CONFIDENCE” to specifiers and end users
The Turf Accreditation Process (TAP) is a voluntary process for natural turgrass producers to be independently third part assessed. It allows turf businesses to identify themselves as more sustainable and profitable farming enterprises, creating a distinct competitive advantage with potential customers through the supply of top grade quality natural turfgrass.
TAP also demonstrates that turf production involves good stewardship of land and water. It emphasises the industry’s ability to manage natural resources responsibly while producing a quality product that protects the purchaser or specifier.
TAP BENEFITS TO SPECIFIERS AND CONSUMERS
The total industry supply and demand chain and our environment benefits when specifiers utilise the TAP quality process because it can:
- Minimise the risk on your projects by utilising a turf accredited producer
- Turf accredited producers have solid business credentials and adhere to the set industry and regulatory guidelines
- Turf accredited producers supply turf to a graded system that allows the specifiers/purchaser to determine the quality required
- Demonstrate sound environmental stewardship and so help to secure the use of natural resources for the turf industry
- Accredited turf producers are subject to third-party independent quality audits
- Reduce the need for restrictive legislative approaches applying to farm management
- Improve community confidence in turf quality and production p0rocesses
- Show the industry has the capacity to manage change and implement on-farm reforms
- TAP producers meet the all important goals and requirements of national and state environmental programs